- One 17.5 oz bag Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix, mixed according to package directions
- Liquid food coloring, as desired
- Rainbow sprinkles, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For rainbow pinwheels, divide dough evenly into five bowls, and color each with a different color liquid food coloring. (We used McCormick Neon shades in pink, green, blue and purple, as well as the yellow from the standard pack).
- Roll each color dough into 14 grape-sized balls.
- Combine a ball of each color and quickly roll into a larger ball. It will look like a little beachball.
- Then roll that ball between your hands and the counter or cutting board until you have a cylinder about 6 inches long.
- Starting from one end of the cylinder, roll the dough into a coil, twisting the cylinder as you go.
- Roll edges of the cookie in sprinkles.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 11 minutes, or until done (fully done middle with the barest touch of golden brown on the edges).
For more info and pictures, visit Rock UR Party Recipes
**For my cookies, I used Gel food coloring – and just tested the vibrancy of the color after stirring. This was my first attempt at making these, and it did take me a few hours as my kitchen was rather warm and the dough was softening up quite often. I resorted to putting them in the freezer for 30 min at a time, in batches – it was fairly hot in my apartment! They turned out really well. 🙂